I have a great Product called the “Teething Bib” and I have managed to get it in a couple of boutiques and also on a major website Csn Stores. I am still not getting the exposure I need to make the teething bib become a household name. I am currently advertising for sales reps. I have had a showroom rep and that has resulted in no sales for me. I guess my question to you is, what steps am I missing for this to become the next must have for parents.
You have a great product that I am sure (as a mom I know) many parents would love to have to save a few shirts from that teething drool-o-rama! I totally understand your frustration and have a few ideas for you that may help better sell the product and help you get better quality sales reps.
1. Your website could use some overhauling. It needs some call to action and a more dynamic look. It looks like you have used a very generic template and doesn’t really do justice to your creative product idea.
2. You might want to consider adding an email sign up box to collect emails of potential buyers so you can market to them – both on-line retail and wholesale customers. There are many companies to choose from like Constant Contact, Mailchimp etc.
3. I’d suggest writing some fabulous copy (or hiring it out if that’s not your thing) that describes the product in detail and tells the customer what it can do for them……might seem obvious to you but not always to the customer. When buying on-line, it’s important to give the customer “more” info then you think is necessary as they are not touching and feeling.
4. Have multiple photos can really help too. Perhaps a photo on a child showing the front and back, and be sure to explain in your copy how it goes on and off…….not obvious even to me!
5. It is fairly common to have an “About us” and “FAQ” tabs to again, give more information about who they are buying from and what kind of service they can expect from you.
6. As far as sales reps go – I have to agree, the good ones are hard to find. I suggest using GreatRep to find reps as well as trolling the trade-shows (where you eventually want to exhibit) to find the reps that have booths already.
7. I’d talk to the showroom that is not producing orders and ask them what is going on. Perhaps price resistance? They usually have a good beat on their customers (or should), and can give you valuable feedback to use going forward.
8. Check out the article I wrote last week on sales reps and be sure to ask all the questions I suggest to know if it is the right fit for your line.
Good luck, you have a really cute idea. You just need to give it more on-line presence and better content and I think you’ll see better results.
Want to express your opinion?
Leave a reply!
I’m already getting orders from the email with the updated pricing that I just sent to my current st…
Sarah Shaw is like Google, the entire How To section of Barnes and Nobles, Consumer Report and Yoda …
We enrolled in Sarah Shaw’s program because we needed someone to kick us into shape! She did just …
“I am a detailed person and hate when I buy something online and am not satisfied. It’s always hard …
“I came to Sarah with just the seed of an idea, a pile of sketches, and a bundle of nerves. I left w…
“In just one hour on the phone, Sarah gave me clarity in my pricing and bottom line… Our new product…
With Sarah’s help and guidance I was able to get my product into the hands of 5 hot TV set dressers …
“If you have dreamed of hitting it big, and your product has any kind of ‘it’ factor, as Sarah often…
“With just one little tweak of Sarah’s expertise, I amplified the results of this new launch by 60…
When I first started working with Sarah I had a garage full of my Bathroom Bagonia’s and didn’t know…
2 days ago
It’s awesome that other people are marketing and promoting your brand while you are doing other things that require your attention.
Read on: sarahshawconsulting.com/drop-shipping-2020/
#sarahshawconsulting #blog #dropshipping #ecommerce #dropship #dropshippingtips #entrepreneur #reseller #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques ... See MoreSee Less
3 days ago
Learn from Lisa what it takes to get on QVC or HSN. Her insider tips will get you to hustle, and show you how sales and public relations can help grow your business.
Tune in to the podcast to find out! sarahshawconsulting.com/podcast/lisa-ascolese-shares-insider-tips-for-qvc-and-hsn/
#sarahshawconsulting #podcast #lisaascolese #celebrities #celebs #celebrityaccess #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques #magazines #blacklivesmatter #getastreetsmartmba ... See MoreSee Less
4 days ago
Can you share what's working for your company today?
Any kind of PR is good PR...... especially when it takes 5 minutes and is free! I'm putting together a collaborative blog post and need your input! Since our normal way of doing business has changed, we have been forced to pivot to stay nimble during this unprecedented time in our lives.
Share all your awesome info here: sarahshawconsulting.com/how-are-you-making-money-today/ I'd love to hear new ways of doing business that you have discovered or invented during Covid shutdowns.
How are you getting online sales?
Are you still selling wholesale?
Are you drop shipping?
If you relied on pop-ups, what is your new normal?
Have you turned to advertising to drive traffic?
Are you seeking more PR?
And anything else that is working for you..... I want to know and learn from you too.
Please share ways that your company has pivoted during Covid-19 shutdowns and limitations and how you are making money today. Requirements:
Please share a short paragraph and give us your best tips!
Please add a headshot and some product shots as well if you'd like. Photos must be 300x300 px and 72 dpi or the system will reject them.
Share all your awesome info here: sarahshawconsulting.com/how-are-you-making-money-today/ I'll be sure to let you know when the post goes live later this week so that you can share it too. ... See MoreSee Less
6 days ago
Want magazine editors to try your products? Pitch them to write about zoom dinner parties and encourage them to dress up. Send them something to wear.
Book a call with me today and learn how to get through this crisis.
#sarahshawconsulting #business #fashion #clothing #accessories #apparel #boutiques #magazines #editors #dropshipping #ecommerce #dropship #dropshippingtips #entrepreneur #reseller #boutique #besafe #workathome ... See MoreSee Less
7 days ago
It took me years to figure out how to set the right price for my product line when I first started out, so I can imagine you might be in the same situation. If you are not sure if you are making any money, then there is a good chance you’re not pricing your products correctly.
Read on: sarahshawconsulting.com/set-the-right-price-for-your-product-line-and-make-more-money/
#sarahshawconsulting #business #retail #wholesale #fashion #clothing #accessories #apparel #boutiques #magazines #consultation #dropshipping #ecommerce #dropship #dropshippingtips #entrepreneur #reseller #boutique #besafe #workathome ... See MoreSee Less