I have a great Product called the “Teething Bib” and I have managed to get it in a couple of boutiques and also on a major website Csn Stores. I am still not getting the exposure I need to make the teething bib become a household name. I am currently advertising for sales reps. I have had a showroom rep and that has resulted in no sales for me. I guess my question to you is, what steps am I missing for this to become the next must have for parents.
You have a great product that I am sure (as a mom I know) many parents would love to have to save a few shirts from that teething drool-o-rama! I totally understand your frustration and have a few ideas for you that may help better sell the product and help you get better quality sales reps.
1. Your website could use some overhauling. It needs some call to action and a more dynamic look. It looks like you have used a very generic template and doesn’t really do justice to your creative product idea.
2. You might want to consider adding an email sign up box to collect emails of potential buyers so you can market to them – both on-line retail and wholesale customers. There are many companies to choose from like Constant Contact, Mailchimp etc.
3. I’d suggest writing some fabulous copy (or hiring it out if that’s not your thing) that describes the product in detail and tells the customer what it can do for them……might seem obvious to you but not always to the customer. When buying on-line, it’s important to give the customer “more” info then you think is necessary as they are not touching and feeling.
4. Have multiple photos can really help too. Perhaps a photo on a child showing the front and back, and be sure to explain in your copy how it goes on and off…….not obvious even to me!
5. It is fairly common to have an “About us” and “FAQ” tabs to again, give more information about who they are buying from and what kind of service they can expect from you.
6. As far as sales reps go – I have to agree, the good ones are hard to find. I suggest using GreatRep to find reps as well as trolling the trade-shows (where you eventually want to exhibit) to find the reps that have booths already.
7. I’d talk to the showroom that is not producing orders and ask them what is going on. Perhaps price resistance? They usually have a good beat on their customers (or should), and can give you valuable feedback to use going forward.
8. Check out the article I wrote last week on sales reps and be sure to ask all the questions I suggest to know if it is the right fit for your line.
Good luck, you have a really cute idea. You just need to give it more on-line presence and better content and I think you’ll see better results.
Want to express your opinion?
Leave a reply!
I’m already getting orders from the email with the updated pricing that I just sent to my current st…
Sarah Shaw is like Google, the entire How To section of Barnes and Nobles, Consumer Report and Yoda …
We enrolled in Sarah Shaw’s program because we needed someone to kick us into shape! She did just …
“I am a detailed person and hate when I buy something online and am not satisfied. It’s always hard …
“I came to Sarah with just the seed of an idea, a pile of sketches, and a bundle of nerves. I left w…
“In just one hour on the phone, Sarah gave me clarity in my pricing and bottom line… Our new product…
With Sarah’s help and guidance I was able to get my product into the hands of 5 hot TV set dressers …
“If you have dreamed of hitting it big, and your product has any kind of ‘it’ factor, as Sarah often…
“With just one little tweak of Sarah’s expertise, I amplified the results of this new launch by 60…
When I first started working with Sarah I had a garage full of my Bathroom Bagonia’s and didn’t know…
2 days ago
Hang out with me and Mike Michalowicz and learn how to take your profit first and figure out how to run your business mean and lean with the allotted operating expenses.
Tune in to the podcast to find out! sarahshawconsulting.com/podcast/mike-michalowicz-shares-secret-profitable-day-one/
#sarahshawconsulting #mikemichalowicz #podcast #celebrities #celebs #celebrityaccess #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques #magazines #getastreetsmartmba ... See MoreSee Less
Shows are cancelled: Buyers still need new products. Book a call with me today and learn how to get through this crisis.
#sarahshawconsulting #buyers #buyer #clothing #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques #consultation #dropshipping #ecommerce #dropship #dropshippingtips #reseller #boutique #accessories ... See MoreSee Less
You may have the greatest product in the world, but if you try to sell it at the wrong time, you’ll struggle to make money.
Read on: sarahshawconsulting.com/the-simple-formula-that-will-get-you-more-sales/
#sarahshawconsulting #blog #celebrities #celebs #celebrityaccess #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques #magazines #getastreetsmartmba #legallyblonde #reesewitherspoon #hollywood #instyle #nordstrom #bergdorfgoodman #product2celebrities #consultation #contactanycelebrity #entreprenette ... See MoreSee Less
2 weeks ago
I had the pleasure of speaking with Marcus Lemonis, star of The Profit and got the skinny on his process. Marcus reveals how he learns from all his businesses and then can turn around and use that in other businesses to help them grow.
Click here to tune in now: sarahshawconsulting.com/podcast/interview-with-marcus-lemonis-star-of-the-profit/
#sarahshawconsulting #podcast #marcuslemonis #Theprofit #celebrities #celebs #celebrityaccess #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques #magazines #getastreetsmartmba ... See MoreSee Less