I have a great Product called the “Teething Bib” and I have managed to get it in a couple of boutiques and also on a major website Csn Stores. I am still not getting the exposure I need to make the teething bib become a household name. I am currently advertising for sales reps. I have had a showroom rep and that has resulted in no sales for me. I guess my question to you is, what steps am I missing for this to become the next must have for parents.
You have a great product that I am sure (as a mom I know) many parents would love to have to save a few shirts from that teething drool-o-rama! I totally understand your frustration and have a few ideas for you that may help better sell the product and help you get better quality sales reps.
1. Your website could use some overhauling. It needs some call to action and a more dynamic look. It looks like you have used a very generic template and doesn’t really do justice to your creative product idea.
2. You might want to consider adding an email sign up box to collect emails of potential buyers so you can market to them – both on-line retail and wholesale customers. There are many companies to choose from like Constant Contact, Mailchimp etc.
3. I’d suggest writing some fabulous copy (or hiring it out if that’s not your thing) that describes the product in detail and tells the customer what it can do for them……might seem obvious to you but not always to the customer. When buying on-line, it’s important to give the customer “more” info then you think is necessary as they are not touching and feeling.
4. Have multiple photos can really help too. Perhaps a photo on a child showing the front and back, and be sure to explain in your copy how it goes on and off…….not obvious even to me!
5. It is fairly common to have an “About us” and “FAQ” tabs to again, give more information about who they are buying from and what kind of service they can expect from you.
6. As far as sales reps go – I have to agree, the good ones are hard to find. I suggest using GreatRep to find reps as well as trolling the trade-shows (where you eventually want to exhibit) to find the reps that have booths already.
7. I’d talk to the showroom that is not producing orders and ask them what is going on. Perhaps price resistance? They usually have a good beat on their customers (or should), and can give you valuable feedback to use going forward.
8. Check out the article I wrote last week on sales reps and be sure to ask all the questions I suggest to know if it is the right fit for your line.
Good luck, you have a really cute idea. You just need to give it more on-line presence and better content and I think you’ll see better results.
Want to express your opinion?
Leave a reply!
Your program is already helping me sooo much.. and I finally feel like there is a light at the end o… Read more
I’ve worked with Sarah for about 3 months now and my line has been picked up in 2 new stores with … Read more
I wanted to share the importance of persistence, as you always say! I pitched another item to this w… Read more
I’m already getting orders from the email with the updated pricing that I just sent to my current st… Read more
Sarah Shaw is like Google, the entire How To section of Barnes and Nobles, Consumer Report and Yoda … Read more
Sarah is exactly what I have been looking for to take my business to the next level. She brings a to… Read more
Everything’s coming together. I am so excited. Thank you "20px" /> the website looks great. I am so… Read more
I LOVE working with Sarah! The best business decision I’ve made recently is joining Sarah’s Retail R… Read more
Sarah has always been so knowledgeable and has helped me so much in growing my business and getting … Read more
7 hours ago
1 day ago
2 days ago
6 days ago
1 week ago
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|