1. A low end GWP for purchases under $50
2. Team up with another designer to see if they can donate a few items – perhaps to first 5 who purchase
3. Higher end GWP with a minimum purchase of $250 or more
4. Offer a 50% off coupon to your website products (if store doesn’t carry your line)
5. Get a make up artist you know (or one from a local salon on the block) to set up a table and do free make-over’s or eyebrow shaping
6. Offer a hand massage
7. Have a person doing palm readings
8. Get a coupon for a special drink from a local bar – or another incentive they want to offer.
9. Get a coupon from a local restaurant
10. Maybe a hair salon wants to offer a free blow out for any purchase over $200 – this way they know the person has money to spend
11. Set up a “block party” – get all the stores to stay open
12. See if local restaurants or a bakery wants to provide food or beverage
13. Promote this to death – get friends to promote via FB to local residents for you.
Let me know if you take a chance and GO FOR IT!!
Great information and very timely! If a retailer mentions that they want you to do a trunk show does this mean that they do not want to purchase any of your product yet, but are suggesting a trunk show as a way to prove your product will sell before buying it?
Nice tricks. Thanks. What is GWP? – Yan
Yes it can mean that, or even that they might never buy your line and only want to have you for trunk shows. When I had my handbag line, I used to do trunk shows at Henri Bendels after they stopped carrying my line as that was the only way I could sell there. But it was awesome either way!
GWP= Gift with Purchase
Hello fellow Entreprenettes 🙂 Can someone tell me what exactly is a a trunk show? Thank you so much to all who respond.
I have my first trunk show next Tuesday – a local bridal salon owner is letting me do it at their location.
Want to express your opinion?
Leave a reply!
I’ve worked with Sarah for about 3 months now and my line has been picked up in 2 new stores with … Read more
I wanted to share the importance of persistence, as you always say! I pitched another item to this w… Read more
I’m already getting orders from the email with the updated pricing that I just sent to my current st… Read more
Sarah Shaw is like Google, the entire How To section of Barnes and Nobles, Consumer Report and Yoda … Read more
Sarah is exactly what I have been looking for to take my business to the next level. She brings a to… Read more
Everything’s coming together. I am so excited. Thank you "20px" /> the website looks great. I am so… Read more
I LOVE working with Sarah! The best business decision I’ve made recently is joining Sarah’s Retail R… Read more
Sarah has always been so knowledgeable and has helped me so much in growing my business and getting … Read more
We enrolled in Sarah Shaw’s program because we needed someone to kick us into shape! She did just … Read more
“I came to Sarah with just the seed of an idea, a pile of sketches, and a bundle of nerves. I left w… Read more
21 hours ago
2 days ago
3 days ago
7 days ago
1 week ago
© 2009-2023 Entreprenette LLC. Entreprenette® is a registered Trademark of Sarah Shaw
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
[…] not ready to commit to a new designer yet. Have a trunk show, and prove your brand’s value. Here’s how. Share this:FacebookTwitterEmailPrintLinkedInGoogle +1Like this:LikeBe the first to like this. 01 […]