So let’s get down to basics. The whole lynchpin of your business is your target market (TM)…. next to the quality and need for your products of course! But the bottom line, is that if you don’t know who you are selling to, it really doesn’t matter how awesome your designs are……if no one is there to buy them, there is no money, which is super disappointing.
Let’s change that right now!
Here are some things to think about to find and market to your exact TM.
1. Figure out where they LIVE. This is the #1 most important step.
2. The stores in these locations are where they shop – so try selling to them first.
3. When posting on social media – only post things your TM is interested in knowing about. Or ask them questions to help you create more of what they want to buy from you.
4. When emailing your list (at least 2x a month) be sure you are telling them about something interesting – could be a sale you are having, a new item that you added, or even about your most recent blog post.
5. Email your list at least 1x a month and do NOT try to sell them anything. Build rapport and a relationship with them.
6. If you get your products in the media or to a celebrity – be sure to let your list know and offer them a discount on that item.
7. Try to get related blogs to do reviews of one of your products.
8. As a fellow designer (who sells something complimentary) if you can buy a small item at cost and offer it as a free gift with purchase.
9. Survey your stores to see what they want more of. Don’t be shy about this, buyers LOVE to tell you what to do next. Sometimes this can get them feeling involved so they buy more.
10. Do sample sales and home parties to stay in touch with your local shoppers and get first hand praise and loads of Ooh’s and Aah’s about your stuff so you feel really great at the end of the day and reinvigorated to go design more cool stuff!!!
How well do you feel you know your TM?
Want to express your opinion?
Leave a reply!
I’m already getting orders from the email with the updated pricing that I just sent to my current st…
Sarah Shaw is like Google, the entire How To section of Barnes and Nobles, Consumer Report and Yoda …
We enrolled in Sarah Shaw’s program because we needed someone to kick us into shape! She did just …
“I am a detailed person and hate when I buy something online and am not satisfied. It’s always hard …
“I came to Sarah with just the seed of an idea, a pile of sketches, and a bundle of nerves. I left w…
“In just one hour on the phone, Sarah gave me clarity in my pricing and bottom line… Our new product…
With Sarah’s help and guidance I was able to get my product into the hands of 5 hot TV set dressers …
“If you have dreamed of hitting it big, and your product has any kind of ‘it’ factor, as Sarah often…
“With just one little tweak of Sarah’s expertise, I amplified the results of this new launch by 60…
When I first started working with Sarah I had a garage full of my Bathroom Bagonia’s and didn’t know…
Sarah Shaw Consulting is with The Solemates.
3 days ago
In this podcast, I really get to know Becca Brown. She is such an enthusiast about her brand and products that you totally see why Solemates are a girl’s best friend.
Who’d a thunk that heel caps would be such a big thing right? We’ve all been to grass party events, and weddings where your heel just sinks down and you know your shoes are ruined…. Or they need an emergency trip to the shoe doctor right?
Becca and her co-founder Monica had the same experience over and over again until they had their ah-ha moment…..and grass events were never the same again!
She and I chat about how they started at night and on the weekends, got on Shark Tank, didn’t take the deal, pursued sales on their own, are now in over 10,000 stores and still do the sales themselves. Whew!
Let me know in the comments below if you want the link to listen. I’ll send it over. ❤️ ... See MoreSee Less
4 days ago
Shows are cancelled: Buyers still need new products. Book a call with me today and learn how to get through this crisis.
#sarahshawconsulting #buyers #buyer #clothing #business #Fashion #apparel #boutiques #consultation #dropshipping #ecommerce #dropship #dropshippingtips #reseller #boutique #accessories ... See MoreSee Less
6 days ago
Listen to the Trade Show 411 with Kelly Helfman and learn how UBM helps you get your brand noticed. Displaying at a trade show can be scary if you’ve never been before.
Tune in to the podcast to find out! sarahshawconsulting.com/podcast/trade-show-411-with-kelly-helfman/
#sarahshawconsulting #podcast #kellyhelfman #celebrities #celebs #celebrityaccess #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques #magazines #getastreetsmartmba ... See MoreSee Less
1 week ago
It took me years to figure out how to set the right price for my product line when I first started out, so I can imagine you might be in the same situation. If you are not sure if you are making any money, then there is a good chance you’re not pricing your products correctly.
Read on: sarahshawconsulting.com/set-the-right-price-for-your-product-line-and-make-more-money/
#sarahshawconsulting #business #retail #wholesale #fashion #clothing #accessories #apparel #boutiques #magazines #consultation #dropshipping #ecommerce #dropship #dropshippingtips #entrepreneur #reseller #boutique ... See MoreSee Less
2 weeks ago
Excited to share an interview in INC magazine! I give away a lot of info about how important celebrities can be for your sales!
Check out my Interview here: www.inc.com/tracy-leigh-hazzard/the-truth-about-celebrity-endorsements-getting-your-product-on-tv...
#sarahshawconsulting #entreprenette #getastreetsmartmb #interview #incmagazine #celebrities #business #Fashion #Press ... See MoreSee Less