I really like to take a moment at this time of year to think about what I have accomplished (and give myself loads of pats on the back of course), and what I still want to accomplish in my business…….I know it can be hard to set aside some time while you are wildly trying to get as many sales as possible in the last few weeks of the year….. but, give it a try if you want to give your brain a jolt of new ideas. They just might be the ideas that take your business to the next level and your life…….don’t forget about your life. Being your own boss can be a tiresome job (I get tired of talking to myself in front of the fridge) but in order to keep reinventing and reinvigorating yourself, it is important to look forward and backward to see how you can do “your life” better. Make choices and take a stand to make them happen.
1. Make a list of all the awesomeness that happened to you personally and in your business over the year. Did you get a new significant other, have a baby, launch a product, got a product to a celeb, move, buy a house, get some PR, make a huge gi-normous deal, get an investor, make more money, get into the store of your dreams, write a book, hire staff, Trademark or Patent something?
2. Do a victory dance and go out to dinner tonight with your favorite person. (This is one of my favorite things to do)
3. Make a list of all the things you wanted to do/accomplish this year in your business and didn’t get to do (yet). Now put them in order of most important to growing your business to least important.
4. Before December 1st, do the first thing on your list, and by December 13th, do the second thing. Just make this happen no mater what.
5. Make a list of all the personal things you wanted to do but didn’t get a chance to do yet. Put these in order of importance. Do #3 by Sunday.
6. Create a vision board of all the things you have left to do to create your ideal life. I was recently introduced to this cool, and free, online vision board that you can check out which makes it really easy. Or you can go the old fashion route and cut and paste – which is totally fun too.
Love to see what you come up with so leave me a comment and let me know how this works for you!
Always helpful and inspiring. I have my visiion board on my tablet but I will take a look at the link suggested. Thanks Sarah!
Want to express your opinion?
Leave a reply!
I’ve worked with Sarah for about 3 months now and my line has been picked up in 2 new stores with … Read more
I wanted to share the importance of persistence, as you always say! I pitched another item to this w… Read more
I’m already getting orders from the email with the updated pricing that I just sent to my current st… Read more
Sarah Shaw is like Google, the entire How To section of Barnes and Nobles, Consumer Report and Yoda … Read more
Sarah is exactly what I have been looking for to take my business to the next level. She brings a to… Read more
Everything’s coming together. I am so excited. Thank you "20px" /> the website looks great. I am so… Read more
I LOVE working with Sarah! The best business decision I’ve made recently is joining Sarah’s Retail R… Read more
Sarah has always been so knowledgeable and has helped me so much in growing my business and getting … Read more
We enrolled in Sarah Shaw’s program because we needed someone to kick us into shape! She did just … Read more
“I came to Sarah with just the seed of an idea, a pile of sketches, and a bundle of nerves. I left w… Read more
16 hours ago
2 days ago
5 days ago
6 days ago
7 days ago
© 2009-2023 Entreprenette LLC. Entreprenette® is a registered Trademark of Sarah Shaw
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Your words and list are so inspiring, and I'm going to refer to and act on it daily!
I love your ideas, and creating Vision Boards is the best!!!
Thanks for more inspiration and great rules to live by.