Some people think that just having a super cool product is enough to make people want to buy it. Maybe you have done your research and know your customer, packaged it super cute, posted it on your website, sold it to a store or two and are now waiting for the rest of the world to find you. Good for you for getting it done and out there……but now comes the fun….. and hard part.
I know that a lot of you are thinking, “What is she talking about? The hard part was actually getting it made!” Yes, I agree, that can be hard, fun, challenging, creative, and invigorating. But the sales part – otherwise known as getting buyers to want you is the second half of the equation.
Since I am a bootstrapper, and in the trenches every day just like YOU working on my accessory line, I am always trying new sales strategies as everyone needs to fill the pipeline ALL the time.
Here are my Top 7 ideas to get your product out there for FREE so that buyers WANT you.
These are ideas you can use over and over with new “launches” each week to keep your customers intrigued and coming back for more.
1. Take a photo of your product in use. People need to be shown how to use it. Even if it’s as simple as note cards, suggest sending a handwritten (gasp!) note to someone each week thanking them for something they did for you. Come up with ways to use the cards other than as thank you’s. With the ease of email, we need to remind people about these “old fashioned” ways!
2. Send this photo out in your newsletter. Instead of always trying to “sell” your customers something, give them ideas of how to use what they already have or start giving them the idea that they NEED to have it. TIP: I switched from Constant Contact to Rate Point earlier this year and they have an automatic feed of your newsletter to your twitter page. One less step and you can customize the tweet……and they are cheaper. And no, I don’t get referral fees from them!
3. Post this image with some great text on your website. Changing the images weekly gives people a reason to visit more often (and hopefully purchase) if they are guided there by a clever photo and ideas of how to use your product. You may catch them needing a hostess gift or birthday present……they will need to hear from you often to remember to buy from you.
4. Post the image with your clever text on your Facebook Fan Page. You can even ask your fans to share the ways they use their note cards. Or even ask them for the creative ways to reuse or repurpose cards they receive. This creates interaction on your page which in turn creates more visibility and drives potential fans to your page and hopefully to your website to purchase.
5. Twitter it – Facebook just launched an automatic update of your posts to twitter. It should be on your fan page. Easy to set up. How easy is that? One less step to getting the word out.
6. Post these ideas on your blog. NO brainer here right? If you are connected on Network Blogs it will auto update it to Facebook and twitter for you.
7. Other ideas: Poll your Facebook Fans, see what they like about certain products you make or are thinking of making. Find complimentary companies on twitter and FB and make friends with them. You might be able to do a cross promo with them and drive fans to each other. Be sure to tweet about useful info not just about buying your products. Retweet (RT) things you find useful. You can use the search functions on both FB and Twitter to find good matches for you.
Want to express your opinion?
Leave a reply!
I’m already getting orders from the email with the updated pricing that I just sent to my current st…
Sarah Shaw is like Google, the entire How To section of Barnes and Nobles, Consumer Report and Yoda …
We enrolled in Sarah Shaw’s program because we needed someone to kick us into shape! She did just …
“I am a detailed person and hate when I buy something online and am not satisfied. It’s always hard …
“I came to Sarah with just the seed of an idea, a pile of sketches, and a bundle of nerves. I left w…
“In just one hour on the phone, Sarah gave me clarity in my pricing and bottom line… Our new product…
With Sarah’s help and guidance I was able to get my product into the hands of 5 hot TV set dressers …
“If you have dreamed of hitting it big, and your product has any kind of ‘it’ factor, as Sarah often…
“With just one little tweak of Sarah’s expertise, I amplified the results of this new launch by 60…
When I first started working with Sarah I had a garage full of my Bathroom Bagonia’s and didn’t know…
2 days ago
It’s awesome that other people are marketing and promoting your brand while you are doing other things that require your attention.
Read on: sarahshawconsulting.com/drop-shipping-2020/
#sarahshawconsulting #blog #dropshipping #ecommerce #dropship #dropshippingtips #entrepreneur #reseller #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques ... See MoreSee Less
3 days ago
Learn from Lisa what it takes to get on QVC or HSN. Her insider tips will get you to hustle, and show you how sales and public relations can help grow your business.
Tune in to the podcast to find out! sarahshawconsulting.com/podcast/lisa-ascolese-shares-insider-tips-for-qvc-and-hsn/
#sarahshawconsulting #podcast #lisaascolese #celebrities #celebs #celebrityaccess #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques #magazines #blacklivesmatter #getastreetsmartmba ... See MoreSee Less
4 days ago
Can you share what's working for your company today?
Any kind of PR is good PR...... especially when it takes 5 minutes and is free! I'm putting together a collaborative blog post and need your input! Since our normal way of doing business has changed, we have been forced to pivot to stay nimble during this unprecedented time in our lives.
Share all your awesome info here: sarahshawconsulting.com/how-are-you-making-money-today/ I'd love to hear new ways of doing business that you have discovered or invented during Covid shutdowns.
How are you getting online sales?
Are you still selling wholesale?
Are you drop shipping?
If you relied on pop-ups, what is your new normal?
Have you turned to advertising to drive traffic?
Are you seeking more PR?
And anything else that is working for you..... I want to know and learn from you too.
Please share ways that your company has pivoted during Covid-19 shutdowns and limitations and how you are making money today. Requirements:
Please share a short paragraph and give us your best tips!
Please add a headshot and some product shots as well if you'd like. Photos must be 300x300 px and 72 dpi or the system will reject them.
Share all your awesome info here: sarahshawconsulting.com/how-are-you-making-money-today/ I'll be sure to let you know when the post goes live later this week so that you can share it too. ... See MoreSee Less
6 days ago
Want magazine editors to try your products? Pitch them to write about zoom dinner parties and encourage them to dress up. Send them something to wear.
Book a call with me today and learn how to get through this crisis.
#sarahshawconsulting #business #fashion #clothing #accessories #apparel #boutiques #magazines #editors #dropshipping #ecommerce #dropship #dropshippingtips #entrepreneur #reseller #boutique #besafe #workathome ... See MoreSee Less
7 days ago
It took me years to figure out how to set the right price for my product line when I first started out, so I can imagine you might be in the same situation. If you are not sure if you are making any money, then there is a good chance you’re not pricing your products correctly.
Read on: sarahshawconsulting.com/set-the-right-price-for-your-product-line-and-make-more-money/
#sarahshawconsulting #business #retail #wholesale #fashion #clothing #accessories #apparel #boutiques #magazines #consultation #dropshipping #ecommerce #dropship #dropshippingtips #entrepreneur #reseller #boutique #besafe #workathome ... See MoreSee Less