Do you sit around and wonder why you are not living your dream and making the kind of money you want to be making?
Are you afraid to commit to your dream?
Do you know what your dream is?
When I first launched my handbag line over 12 years ago I didn’t know that was my dream. I didn’t have a dream – I just had an idea for this cute little bag. Once it got rolling I realized how much I LOVED IT and it became my dream – my dream was to get my bags in Bergdorfs, Bloomingdales and Fred Segal, in magazines like Instyle, Oprah, ELLE, Lucky and WWD, and to have my bags be in movies and on TV.
Well, with a lot of blood, sweat and tears, I made all that happen for me – it took years of hard work and a lot of rookie mistakes – but I did it.
AND YOU CAN DO IT TOO.
2010 is just around the corner – don’t let another dream-free year go by!
Here are some quick things you can do to get your idea movin’ and shakin’ before 2009 is over!! These 10 steps should only take you about 10 hours!
ONE DAY to get your dream off the ground?? What are you waiting for??
1. If you KNOW what you want to create then start to do the research to see where your product will fit in:
a.Visit stores and see where it would go – what section? Does it need to be folded or hung? Does it need packaging?
b.What other websites can you sell it on?
c.What is the price point of your competitors? Or something close?
2. Make a master list of all the stores or websites you want to be in.
3. Make a list of your competitors and their price points for reference.
4. Pick your ideal retail price point (that you desire) and divide by 8 to get the approximate cost of the item.
5. Play around with the “cost” and see how many you can afford to make – what are you willing to invest in your future?
6. Make a mock up. You don’t need anything fancy. Just find some paper and make a sample. It doesn’t have to be fancy. I know someone who is showing her totally home made sample to QVC before she bothers to make a REAL one. Gutsy right? You can do that too!
7. If you need packaging, hangers, boxes or whatever… then start to look at what is already out there for ideas – buy one if you can for future reference.
8. Name your company and/or your product. If you need help picking a name then invite some friends over for dinner and get them thinking for you – or if you have some $$$ to spare – spend that on a copy writer to think it up for you! It’s worth the few hundy!
9. Buy your domain name ASAP. It’s really cheap on Go Daddy and if you use the coupon code DIGGNATION for $3 off.
10. Register your name on all the social media sites: Blog, Youtube, Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, or whatever floats your boat. DECIDE to be committed to your product and start talking about it. Maybe you want to chronicle your launching experience, perhaps you LOVE to do videos…..experiment and see what makes YOU the most happy and you will come across much better and be more successful in that medium.
Let me know how it goes!
Want to express your opinion?
Leave a reply!
I’m already getting orders from the email with the updated pricing that I just sent to my current st…
Sarah Shaw is like Google, the entire How To section of Barnes and Nobles, Consumer Report and Yoda …
We enrolled in Sarah Shaw’s program because we needed someone to kick us into shape! She did just …
“I am a detailed person and hate when I buy something online and am not satisfied. It’s always hard …
“I came to Sarah with just the seed of an idea, a pile of sketches, and a bundle of nerves. I left w…
“In just one hour on the phone, Sarah gave me clarity in my pricing and bottom line… Our new product…
With Sarah’s help and guidance I was able to get my product into the hands of 5 hot TV set dressers …
“If you have dreamed of hitting it big, and your product has any kind of ‘it’ factor, as Sarah often…
“With just one little tweak of Sarah’s expertise, I amplified the results of this new launch by 60…
When I first started working with Sarah I had a garage full of my Bathroom Bagonia’s and didn’t know…
18 hours ago
Join me and Venus Williams as she candidly chats with me about how the discipline of playing tennis has helped her be a better entrepreneur.
Tune in to the podcast to find out! sarahshawconsulting.com/podcast/venus-williams-on-living-life-as-an-eleven/
#sarahshawconsulting #podcast #VenusWilliams #elevenbyvenuswilliams #blacklivesmatter #celebrities #celebs #celebrityaccess #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques #magazines #getastreetsmartmba ... See MoreSee Less
2 days ago
Manufacture a Clothing Line? Offer online specials and encourage your shoppers to hold Zoom dinner parties and dress up. Book a call with me today and learn how to get through this crisis. sarahshawconsulting.com/sarahshaw/apply-case-study/
#sarahshawconsulting #clothing #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques #magazines #getastreetsmartmba #nordstrom #consultation #dropshipping #ecommerce #dropship #dropshippingtips #reseller #boutique #clothingline #manufacturer #zoomparties ... See MoreSee Less
4 days ago
It’s awesome that other people are marketing and promoting your brand while you are doing other things that require your attention.
Read on: sarahshawconsulting.com/drop-shipping-2020/
#sarahshawconsulting #blog #dropshipping #ecommerce #dropship #dropshippingtips #entrepreneur #reseller #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques ... See MoreSee Less
5 days ago
Learn from Lisa what it takes to get on QVC or HSN. Her insider tips will get you to hustle, and show you how sales and public relations can help grow your business.
Tune in to the podcast to find out! sarahshawconsulting.com/podcast/lisa-ascolese-shares-insider-tips-for-qvc-and-hsn/
#sarahshawconsulting #podcast #lisaascolese #celebrities #celebs #celebrityaccess #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques #magazines #blacklivesmatter #getastreetsmartmba ... See MoreSee Less
6 days ago
Can you share what's working for your company today?
Any kind of PR is good PR...... especially when it takes 5 minutes and is free! I'm putting together a collaborative blog post and need your input! Since our normal way of doing business has changed, we have been forced to pivot to stay nimble during this unprecedented time in our lives.
Share all your awesome info here: sarahshawconsulting.com/how-are-you-making-money-today/ I'd love to hear new ways of doing business that you have discovered or invented during Covid shutdowns.
How are you getting online sales?
Are you still selling wholesale?
Are you drop shipping?
If you relied on pop-ups, what is your new normal?
Have you turned to advertising to drive traffic?
Are you seeking more PR?
And anything else that is working for you..... I want to know and learn from you too.
Please share ways that your company has pivoted during Covid-19 shutdowns and limitations and how you are making money today. Requirements:
Please share a short paragraph and give us your best tips!
Please add a headshot and some product shots as well if you'd like. Photos must be 300x300 px and 72 dpi or the system will reject them.
Share all your awesome info here: sarahshawconsulting.com/how-are-you-making-money-today/ I'll be sure to let you know when the post goes live later this week so that you can share it too. ... See MoreSee Less