Let’s be real – we all want to make as much money as possible each year, yet as we get closer to shutting down for the holidays, we sometimes just get into “shut down” mode a little too quickly!
Let’s change that this year and take a vow together, to make the MOST of the last two weeks of every year and to think outside “outside the box” to make as much money as we can…..because we can!
Here are some ideas that we are using to generate more sales in both of my companies, Simply Sarah and Entreprenette. Jump on board and let’s end in a BIG way this year. Obviously, a lot of people are done with their shopping by now, and on their way out mentally as well. But every few orders add up to a larger sum at the end of the day……so let’s just piece it together.
1. We called Curves, a national Women’s gym and asked to do a holiday sale. They were thrilled and my assistant went yesterday for a few hours and cleaned up! The women there were excited to get their last minute gifts and work out at the same time. Park once, accomplish twice.
2. We took advantage of tomorrow being the last day to ship UPS ground and we put up a ONE-DAY only 50% off sale yesterday. We got 15 orders in the first 30 minutes……the rest of the day more trickled in. Again, ching ching.
3. We have been commenting a lot on fashion blogs for the past 3 months testing the waters to see what kind of traffic we could get from each site by tracking through google analytics. Luckily a blog we had commented on a few times wrote a review mentioning the Handy Hold All yesterday and we got about 6 orders. Not a huge response, but every penny counts!
4. I took out an ad on Facebook Monday to test it out and see if new fans convert to sales. We are getting new fans (which is always great) but I can’t figure out how to tell if they are converting……working on that part!!
5. Twitter, twitter twitter. Can I say that again??? If you missed last weeks awesome demo by Kerrianne Mellot go back and try out her suggestions of how to get more sales using twitter. I have gotten 2 paying clients for Entreprenette through twitter connections. I have also made some other great connections on Twitter for speaking engagements, as well as new friends etc.. all good stuff.
6. Affiliate programs. Get one going now!! It’s not too late to offer someone a year-end bonus for promoting you or selling your product.
7. Start a drop ship program. We have recently been promoting this again because it’s like making money in your sleep. Someone else sells your product and all you do is ship it. Let them do all the marketing while you do something else to bring in money!
8. Create a twitter storm. Write to your list and ask them to contribute to a blog post you are doing (today). Tell them you are writing a last minute holiday gift guide for the slackers out there who can’t find the “perfect” thing. Ask them to tell about the best “white elephant” gift they ever got – post all the responses in your blog and call it the last creative gift on earth…..or something like that. Email all the contributors and tell them the blog post is up and ask them to tweet it out…..they will because they can tell their friends and followers they are # so in so. NOTE: Be prepared to twitter a bunch of cool relevant things to attract all your new bees to the hive!
9. Create a last minute contest on your blog. Now that we are not allowed to post contests and giveaways on Facebook (ggrr)…..blogs and twitter seem like the places to do this now. Get your fans to leave comments on a blog post you wrote and twitter another one to be entered to win something….because everyone loves to win! Make them refer to your twitter name so you can see the mention.
10.Throw it all in the pan: Get your best customers on the phone and offer them a deal. Offer free shipping to one lucky person. Email your friends a great deal and ask them to send it to 5 friends for you. Ask friends to repost your deal on their FB pages. Post about your last minute deals on forums, meet up groups, networking groups and any on-line budget fashionista website you can find. Find mommy groups, lactation centers, or the YMCA and see if you can go sell your stuff there.
Ok, I am fresh out of ideas……give it all you have and bring home the bacon baby!
BONUS: If you don’t have a product, give yourself a gift and let’s get one going!
Want to express your opinion?
Leave a reply!
I’m already getting orders from the email with the updated pricing that I just sent to my current st…
Sarah Shaw is like Google, the entire How To section of Barnes and Nobles, Consumer Report and Yoda …
We enrolled in Sarah Shaw’s program because we needed someone to kick us into shape! She did just …
“I am a detailed person and hate when I buy something online and am not satisfied. It’s always hard …
“I came to Sarah with just the seed of an idea, a pile of sketches, and a bundle of nerves. I left w…
“In just one hour on the phone, Sarah gave me clarity in my pricing and bottom line… Our new product…
With Sarah’s help and guidance I was able to get my product into the hands of 5 hot TV set dressers …
“If you have dreamed of hitting it big, and your product has any kind of ‘it’ factor, as Sarah often…
“With just one little tweak of Sarah’s expertise, I amplified the results of this new launch by 60…
When I first started working with Sarah I had a garage full of my Bathroom Bagonia’s and didn’t know…
16 hours ago
Join me and Venus Williams as she candidly chats with me about how the discipline of playing tennis has helped her be a better entrepreneur.
Tune in to the podcast to find out! sarahshawconsulting.com/podcast/venus-williams-on-living-life-as-an-eleven/
#sarahshawconsulting #podcast #VenusWilliams #elevenbyvenuswilliams #blacklivesmatter #celebrities #celebs #celebrityaccess #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques #magazines #getastreetsmartmba ... See MoreSee Less
2 days ago
Manufacture a Clothing Line? Offer online specials and encourage your shoppers to hold Zoom dinner parties and dress up. Book a call with me today and learn how to get through this crisis. sarahshawconsulting.com/sarahshaw/apply-case-study/
#sarahshawconsulting #clothing #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques #magazines #getastreetsmartmba #nordstrom #consultation #dropshipping #ecommerce #dropship #dropshippingtips #reseller #boutique #clothingline #manufacturer #zoomparties ... See MoreSee Less
4 days ago
It’s awesome that other people are marketing and promoting your brand while you are doing other things that require your attention.
Read on: sarahshawconsulting.com/drop-shipping-2020/
#sarahshawconsulting #blog #dropshipping #ecommerce #dropship #dropshippingtips #entrepreneur #reseller #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques ... See MoreSee Less
5 days ago
Learn from Lisa what it takes to get on QVC or HSN. Her insider tips will get you to hustle, and show you how sales and public relations can help grow your business.
Tune in to the podcast to find out! sarahshawconsulting.com/podcast/lisa-ascolese-shares-insider-tips-for-qvc-and-hsn/
#sarahshawconsulting #podcast #lisaascolese #celebrities #celebs #celebrityaccess #business #fashion #apparel #boutiques #magazines #blacklivesmatter #getastreetsmartmba ... See MoreSee Less
6 days ago
Can you share what's working for your company today?
Any kind of PR is good PR...... especially when it takes 5 minutes and is free! I'm putting together a collaborative blog post and need your input! Since our normal way of doing business has changed, we have been forced to pivot to stay nimble during this unprecedented time in our lives.
Share all your awesome info here: sarahshawconsulting.com/how-are-you-making-money-today/ I'd love to hear new ways of doing business that you have discovered or invented during Covid shutdowns.
How are you getting online sales?
Are you still selling wholesale?
Are you drop shipping?
If you relied on pop-ups, what is your new normal?
Have you turned to advertising to drive traffic?
Are you seeking more PR?
And anything else that is working for you..... I want to know and learn from you too.
Please share ways that your company has pivoted during Covid-19 shutdowns and limitations and how you are making money today. Requirements:
Please share a short paragraph and give us your best tips!
Please add a headshot and some product shots as well if you'd like. Photos must be 300x300 px and 72 dpi or the system will reject them.
Share all your awesome info here: sarahshawconsulting.com/how-are-you-making-money-today/ I'll be sure to let you know when the post goes live later this week so that you can share it too. ... See MoreSee Less