Figuring out which celebrities to get your product to can be a challenge for most entreprenettes.
You are probably asking yourself one, or possibly all, of the following questions:
How do I know if my target market likes this one or that?
What if I make a mistake and spend a lot of money sending freebies to the wrong people?
How do I know if they’ll even like it, or wear it?
Yes, all of them can be true, but if you really understand your consumer (aka target market) then you will get closer than you think with each try.
One way to get on the fast track to the next “hottie” is to see who the Oscar contenders are and if they appeal to your target market, then get on it and send them something now, before they are to hot to touch and the phones are tied up.
Here is a list of the possible Best Actress Oscar contenders for 2014 from Indiewire.com
All Looking Pretty Good At This Point:
1. Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine)
2. Sandra Bullock (Gravity)
3. Meryl Streep (August: Osage County)
4. Judi Dench (Philomena)
5. Emma Thompson (Saving Mr. Banks)
The One Sight Unseen Performance That Could Shake This Up:
6. Amy Adams (American Hustle)
Here are our best supporting actress predictions.
1. Lupita Nyong’o (12 Years a Slave)
2. Oprah Winfrey (Lee Daniels’ The Butler)
Very Good Shots From What We’ve Seen:
3. June Squibb (Nebraska)
4. Julia Roberts (August: Osage County)
5. Octavia Spencer (Fruitvale Station)
Sight Unseen, She Looks Very Strong:
6. Jennifer Lawrence (American Hustle)
And if you are looking for a dude…….
The Frontrunners At This Point (Are They Our Final Five?) fopr Best Actor
1. Chiwetel Ejiofer (12 Years a Slave)
2. Bruce Dern (Nebraska)
3. Matthew McConaughey (Dallas Buyers Club)
4. Robert Redford (All Is Lost)
5. Tom Hanks (Captain Phillips)
The Major Threat (But Who Does He Bump?):
6. Leonardo DiCaprio (The Wolf of Wall Street)
Bubbling Just Under:
7. Joaquin Phoenix (Her)
8. Forest Whitaker (The Butler)
9. Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis)
The Christian Bale Double Feature We Haven’t Seen: Is He a Threat?:
10. Christian Bale (American Hustle)
11. Christian Bale (Out of the Furnace)
The Frontrunners for Best Supporting Actor
1. Michael Fassbender (12 Years a Slave)
2. Tom Hanks (Saving Mr. Banks)
The Ones Who Could Shake This Race Up:
3. Jonah Hill (The Wolf of Wall Street)
4. Bradley Cooper (American Hustle)
Good Shots From What We’ve Seen… It Just Depends On How Their Competition Shapes Up:
5. Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club)
6. Barkhad Abdi (Captain Phillips)
7. Daniel Bruhl (Rush)
8. James Gandolfini (Enough Said)
Want to express your opinion?
Leave a reply!
I wanted to say thank you again to you for helping me connect with the Notanonymous showroom in NYC.…
With Sarah’s help and guidance I was able to get my product into the hands of 5 hot TV set dressers …
Working with Sarah has been an amazing experience. Her knowledge about everything is mind-blowing a…
I’ve been getting Sarah’s Instantly Famous notes for years. I’ve been listening to her, reading her …
When I first started working with Sarah I had a garage full of my Bathroom Bagonia’s and didn’t know…
“I came to Sarah with just the seed of an idea, a pile of sketches, and a bundle of nerves. I left w…
“In just one hour on the phone, Sarah gave me clarity in my pricing and bottom line… Our new product…
Sarah Shaw is like Google, the entire How To section of Barnes and Nobles, Consumer Report and Yoda …
“With just one little tweak of Sarah’s expertise, I amplified the results of this new launch by 60…
“If you have dreamed of hitting it big, and your product has any kind of ‘it’ factor, as Sarah often…